Closing Date: May 25, 2022 (at midnight UTC+8 / GMT+8)
Starting Annual Gross Salary: RMB 214,571 (before tax and employee social insurance contributions; employer social insurance contributions are paid on top of the gross salary; salary is non-negotiable)
Work location: Beijing
Summary of duties:
The Embassy of Canada is undergoing a digital transformation, leveraging Microsoft Cloud services. We’re looking for an experienced developer to champion our adoption of Microsoft Cloud Solutions, SharePoint, and the Power Platform.
You act as a consultant, working closely with clients and reengineering processes to solve complex business problems.
You’re also a developer, with experience architecting solutions in the Microsoft Stack and in the developing and deploying business solutions in PowerApps, Microsoft Flow, and Common Data Service platforms or the Dynamics 365 environment. You’ll maintain and continually improve the products you create, and support end users.
Area of selection:
This position is open to external applicants residing in China and employees occupying an indeterminate or term position in China Missions who meet all of the essential qualifications and whose applications are received by the closing date.
The Government of Canada is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from diverse sections of the community. Candidates will be considered based on merit. Our organization offers an inclusive workplace where respect, teamwork, and collaboration are part of our culture. Canada’s missions abroad are committed to promoting and supporting an environment free from harassment and discrimination, as well as encouraging and supporting employees to learn and develop their skills and competencies.
Candidates will initially be screened against the Essential Qualifications relating to education, language* and experience.
Candidates must clearly demonstrate when applying to the position how they meet each of these essential qualifications.
*Language will be assessed further during the process.
Candidates will be required to provide proof of the completion of their education.
· Degree from a college or university with a specialization in computer science, business and information management or related discipline, OR an acceptable equivalent through the combination of education and work experience
· Advanced level of English (reading, writing, listening, speaking)
· Experience in gathering and developing business requirements to identify tasks and deliverables
· Experience architecting solutions using the Microsoft Stack
· Experience in providing client service
The Rated Requirements are part of the essential qualifications and are relating to knowledge, abilities and competencies. Methods of assessment for rated requirements may include, but are not limited to, a written examination, an oral interview online, in-person, role-play, practical tests, presentations and/or psychometric assessment.
· Knowledge of software design patterns
· Knowledge of agile development methodologies
· Ability to understand, analyze and diagnose inefficiencies with current business operation/processes and design improvements.
· Ability to gather and identify business requirements from stakeholders and users and present in user story or use case formats.
· Ability to provide user support, coaching, and training by correspondence, over the telephone and in person
· Adaptability and Flexibility – Adapts tactics
· Client Focus – Acts to improve client service
· Commitment to Own Learning – Keeps current in own field of expertise
· Effective Interactive Communication – Adapts language to the audience
· Initiative – Takes action under pressure
· Judgement – Applies sound judgement in difficult situations
Preference may be given to candidates who meet the Asset Qualifications. Where applicable, candidates must clearly demonstrate how they meet any asset qualifications.
· Proficiency in French
· Experience with Microsoft development tools; Visual Studio, MS Code etc.
· Knowledge of Microsoft development stack, .Net, MS SQL, AD, PowerApps etc.
· Knowledge of OWASP and security best practices
· Ability and willingness to work overtime on short notice as required
· Able to travel as required
Conditions of Employment
Conditions of employment must be met or complied with before being appointed to a particular position, and are to be maintained throughout the employment while being the incumbent of this position.
- Valid work authorization: Ability to obtain and hold a valid work authorization covering the entire employment period.
- Security screening: Obtain and maintain a Reliability Status (security level) which includes a criminal and credit background check from the Government of Canada covering the entire employment period.
- Vaccination compliance: All new hires on or after the effective date of October 6, 2021 are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and to attest that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their starting date unless accommodation measures are granted.
- Other conditions of employment:
· The Embassy / Consulates can only facilitate working visas for Canadian citizens
Special Request from Mission / Additional Comments:
· This anticipatory competitive staffing process will be used to create a pool of qualified candidates for this position and similar positions at the same level with various tenures, including indeterminate and term at the Embassy of Canada in Beijing. If the selected candidate is already an active Locally-Engaged Staff (LES) employee, the pool may also be used for assignments or acting appointments.
Please click the link https://staffing-les.international.gc.ca/en/careers/beijing-microsoft-power-platform-developer-le-o1-bejing-71094-en to submit your application.
· You must submit your application using the "Apply online" function. Only applications submitted via VidCruiter will be considered, unless a valid reason is presented and accepted prior to the closing date.
· Do not include personal data such as; age, date of birth, gender, marital status, family status, religion or a picture in your application form, CV nor cover letter (as required). Please only include information relevant to the vacancy as requested in the job poster
· You must clearly demonstrate in answering the screening questions how you meet the education and experience factors listed in the essential and asset qualifications. You must provide specific examples to demonstrate clearly how you meet the qualifications. Global Affairs Canada cannot make any assumptions about your studies nor experience. Simply saying you have the required qualifications or listing your current duties will not be sufficient. Instead, you must provide concrete and detailed examples that clearly explain where, when, and how you gained the experience. No additional information will be sought beyond what you submit in your online application.
· Candidates may be required to upload a CV and/or a cover letter in English or French. These documents may be used as a secondary source to validate the answers to the screening questions.
· Applications which do not include all of the requested documents or information and/or whose are not received by the closing date will be rejected.
· Candidates who are unable to submit their application due to technical difficulties must report these to BEJINGChinaHRRecruitment@international.gc.ca prior to the closing date. Failure to do so will result in the application being rejected.
· Only applications submitted in one of the official languages of Canada will be accepted (English or French).
· The language requirement for this position is identified under the essential qualifications (language). In consequence, the assessment process for this vacancy will be conducted in English.
· Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidates to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required.
· Candidates must provide an email address that accepts email from unknown users and regularly check their email, including spam folder.
· Reference checks may be sought for candidates who succeeded all of the assessments.
· Please note that the Embassy of Canada to China does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interviews/exams nor does it reimburse any relocation costs.
· Before an offer of employment can be made, successful candidates must provide a local residence address as proof of residence in the specified area of selection. This information is necessary to issue a letter of offer.
· We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please contact us at BEJINGChinaHRRecruitment@international.gc.ca to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
· The results of this selection process may also be used to establish one or more pools of fully or partially qualified candidates for similar openings at the Embassy of Canada to China which might arise following the completion of this selection process.
· For Canadian citizens/residents and Canadian dual nationals, please note that it is your responsibility to enquire with the Canadian Revenue Agency about any possible taxation implications linked to an employment with the Government of Canada.