U.S. Mission China
Announcement Number: Shenyang-2021-027
Position Title: Chauffeur
Opening Period: September 20, 2021 – October 7, 2021
Salary: RMB 99,031 p.a.
USEFM is FP-BB USD 24,216 p.a. Actual salary will be determined by Washington D.C.
For More Info: Human Resources Office
U.S, Consulate General Shenyang, China
No. 52, 14 Wei Road, Heping District,
Shenyang, Liaoning, 110003
Who May Apply: All Interested Applicants / All Sources
Security Clearance Required: Local Security Certification
Duration Appointment: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
Summary: The U.S. Consulate General in Shenyang is seeking an eligible and qualified applicant for the position of Chauffeur.
Work Schedule: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Start Date: The position will be available after November 30, 2021. Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: No
Duties: The incumbent operates safely and efficiently an unarmored U.S. Government-owned or leased motor vehicle to transport passengers and/or cargo. Works as messenger as directed.
Qualifications and Evaluations
Education: Completion of high school education is required.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum three (3) years of professional driving experience is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have a good working knowledge of the city, including driving routes and traffic patterns, and must be familiar with the location of key buildings to include hospitals, police and fire stations within the city.
LANGUAGE: Level 1/1 (Rudimentary Knowledge) speaking/reading/writing in English is required.
Level 3/3 (Good Working Knowledge) speaking/reading/writing in Chinese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must hold a valid B1 type driver’s license.
Must have the ability to read maps and plan driving routes, be able to perform basic vehicle inspection and possess intermediate level automotive maintenance skills, as well as have basic computer skills to maintain reports and for communication purpose.
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants must have the required work and/or residency permits to be eligible for consideration.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link: https://careers.state.gov/downloads/files/definitions-for-va
How to Apply: Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered:
1. Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174); and
2. Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, etc.)
3. Email: email@example.com (Please specify the position title in the subject line.)
What to Expect Next: Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information: the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in China.