Position Title: Beijing - Trade Commissioner, LE-07 (Anticipatory)
Closing Date: November 28, 2018 (At midnight UTC+1 / GMT+1)
Starting Annual Gross Salary: RMB 182,393 (before tax and employee social insurance contributions; 13th month bonus and employer social insurance contributions are paid on top of the gross salary; salary is non-negotiable)
Area of Selection:
This position is open to external applicants residing in China and employees occupying an indeterminate or term position in China Missions who meet all of the essential qualifications and whose applications are received by the closing date. Short-listed candidates should be able to participate in tests and/or interviews in Beijing at own expense. The successful candidate will be required to relocate to Beijing at own expense.
** This competition is Anticipatory Staffing to create an eligibility list to staff similar openings of indeterminate and term duration which may arise at the Embassy. We currently anticipate a term vacancy for approximately 6 months, with future opportunities to follow. **
The Canadian Trade Commissioner Service is a world-wide network of professionals dedicated to advancing Canada's global commerce. These professionals work with government and business to identify opportunities as well as obstacles to trade so that they can act on them to allow trade to happen.
As a member of the Trade Commissioner Service, the Trade Commissioner will contribute to advancing Canada’s global commerce by, among others, developing and sharing knowledge of the marketplace; providing service, advice and information to clients; building relationships with clients and local contacts; doing troubleshooting as well as planning and executing events.
· Degree from a recognized university, OR an acceptable equivalent through the combination of education and work experience
· Proficiency in English (reading, writing, listening, speaking)
· Proficiency in Mandarin Chinese (reading, writing, listening, speaking)
· Minimum 2 years of experience in all of the following areas:
o Experience in international commerce
o Experience providing client service
o Experience in working and liaising with government departments and officials
· Knowledge of international business (exporting, importing, investment, technology transfer, etc.)Knowledge of relevant topics such as Canadian and Chinese trade and investment business environment and practices; major areas and/or sectors of international trade; and/or Chinese government and industry structures, major economic and political issues
· Ability to write effective business correspondence in English and Chinese
· Ability to research, interpret sources of information and synthesize data to respond to requests for information from clients
· Ability to perform translation and interpretation from English to Chinese and vice versa
· Ability to use proficiently MS Office Tools, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Client Focus - Acts to improve client services
· Effective Interactive Communication - Adapts language to the audience
· Effectiveness/Achievement Orientation - Taking calculated entrepreneurial risks
· Initiative - Plans ahead
· Judgement - Applies sound judgment in difficult situations
· Networking/Alliance Building – Actively seeks relationship-building opportunities
Preferred standing may be given to those candidates who also meet the following:
· Degree, diploma or certificate from a recognized Canadian education institution
· Proficiency in French (reading, writing, listening, speaking)
· Experience in working with visiting business and/or government delegation
· Experience working in China’s education related industry
· Knowledge of the Chinese education system
Conditions of Employment
· Ability to obtain and maintain a valid working authorization in China. Per Chinese regulations, the Embassy / Consulates can only facilitate working visas for Canadian citizens
· Ability to obtain and maintain a valid “Reliability Status” security clearance
· Ability and willingness to work overtime on short notice as required
· Able to travel domestically and internationally as required
Please click the link http://www.wfca-tpce.com/vacancyView.php?requirementId=2782&source=PO to complete your online application. Applications through email will NOT be considered, you must apply using the online application.
We are seeking high quality written applications to establish a shortlist for further testing. Your application must include an Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae in English or French.
Your Application Letter should indicate why you meet the mandatory requirements as listed under: the Area of Selection; Education; Language and Experience.
Please be advised that incomplete applications will not be considered.
The results of this competition may also be used to create an eligibility list to staff similar openings of either indeterminate or term duration which may arise at the Embassy.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please ensure that you provide appropriate contact information so that you can be easily reached (e-mail, phone, mobile, etc.)
If you have any questions, please send email to email@example.com.
The Government of Canada is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds irrespective of race, color, religion, gender, disability, age or sexual orientation.
The Government of Canada is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity or testing, you should advise us in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.